Back in March I shared with you the first few books I read in 2015! My 101 in 1001 list has me reading 104 books and my Goodreads Reading Challenge is set at 52 books this year! Here is an update on the books I’ve been reading since my first post and make sure to follow me on Goodreads!
1. The Accidental Empress by Allison Pataki
My best friend suggested this after she finished reading it! We both love history and historical fiction and this book is the perfect mix. The Accidental Empress tells the story of Elizabeth “Sisi” the duchess of Bavaria and her marriage to Franz Joseph of the Habsburgs!
2. Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman
This was on my goodreads list for a while and when I found out I had to read it for school I was really excited. It was a good read and I gained a lot of insight into the lives of women in the corrections facility but it was not as interesting and scandalous as the TV show makes it out to be! I’m still glad I read it!
3. Confess by Colleen Hoover
Colleen Hoover is one of my favorite authors and wrote my all-time favorite book. So, when I saw she came out with another novel I bought it right away. Confess is gut wrenching and sad and beautiful and I can’t wait to re-read it.
4. P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
So, the first book in this series (To All the Boys I’be Loved Before) is a book I read in May 2014 and finished in a day. I realized I had to wait a whole year for this book to come out and the day it did I say in my room and read it all day. So charming! The perfect beach read!
5. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
Another goal on my 101 list is to re-read the series! It’s my all time favorite. Not much to say except I love it so so much and if you’ve never read the Harry Potter series you are seriously missing out on all of the good things in life.
6. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins This book is a good read but is definitely over hyped. I enjoyed it and it was suspenseful at first but then it just became predictable. Many compare it to Gone Girl but I don’t really agree with that.
7. Never Never 1 by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher Another book by my favorite author and this time she collaborated with another YA author. You guys, if you want a short, suspenseful, amazing read this is your book! Then go and read part two!!
15. Follow Me Home by Mark Edwards
So many good things I could say about this novel! This is so suspenseful and VERY unpredictable which I love! Couldn’t put it down and finished so quickly. If you’re looking for a new Gone Girl this is it!
What should I read next?
What is your favorite book?