I’ve always been one to make goals, lists, and resolutions for the new year. I even share my monthly goals here on the blog. I love it. It keeps me accountable and helps me focus on what I think is important.
However, I’ve never picked a word for the year to focus on. For the past few years, I’ve seen many share their word for the year. It’s a word they use to base all of their goals on for the year. It’s a really incredible concept because it keeps all of your goals and resolutions in focus. So I decided to try it out this year.
In 2017 I want to Thrive in all aspects of my life. I love trying to improve myself and become the best “me” possible. If I’m able to thrive in different ways, I think it will make me a much better person.
Now, to connect all of my goals and resolutions to this word. That part was a little tricky, but it works!
I’m graduating in May (yikes) and I start my last semester of undergrad in just a few weeks. I love learning new things. I made a resolution in 2016 to learn more, and I think I accomplished that. But, I never want to stop learning! It is one of my favorite things to do
- Get good grades
- Read more about historic topics
- Complete Rosetta Stone in Italian
- Visit more museums/historic houses
- Apply for a Masters program
I’m definitely not the healthiest person in the world. I love my vegetables, but I also love my french fries and cape cod chips. It’s really hard for me to stay accountable with healthy eating, or just eating better in general. It’s also really difficult for me to stick with an exercise routine.
- Try new different types of work outs: zumba, yoga, blogilates videos
- Get my deviated septum evaluated again
- Lose some weight
- Eat better 90% of the time
I struggle, I survive. That has pretty much been my life for as long as I can remember. I want to love myself more. I want to incorporate self care into my life regularly. If not, I burn out and have break downs. It is okay to take care of yourself. I need to remember that this year.
- Complete the Pop Sugar reading challenge
- Have a “me day” at least once a month
- Listen to more podcasts
- Take better care of my mental health
- Have more fun
I obviously love social media and blogging. That’s why I’ve been here for so long! It is something I love to do, and it keeps me happy.
- Keep up with a schedule
- Rebrand a bit
- Interact even more on my instagram
- Keep up with my editorial calendars
I have some other goals and resolutions to complete this year that are separate from the categories above.
- Save money
- Travel somewhere, even if it’s just a new place in MA that I’ve never been to
- Complete my 18 before 2018 list
Those are my resolutions for the year! Be sure to share yours in the comments below!
HAPPY NEW YEAR, MY FRIENDS!